Frosted Honey Christmas Cookies
A Christmas Cookie recipe made with honey and frosting with honey buttercream.
Prep Time 25 mins Servings: 24 cookies
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 40 mins
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (R & L Honey Farms) honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat pastor flour, or all purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons (R& L Honey Farms) honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and honey for the cookies.
- Add in the honey, mix to combine, then add in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Slowly add them into the sugar and butter mixture.
- Refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes before baking for best results.
- Spoon out by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to further cool.
For the honey frosting
- While the cookies are cooling, cream together the butter and honey in a stand mixer. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Continue to whip the frosting until its light. And the heavy cream at the end.
- Fill a pastry bag or plastic bag with an end cut off. Pipe the frosting out onto the cookies and quickly garnish with sprinkles before the frosting sets.